Building and Construction
Trusts and Wills Articles
- Court of Appeal confirms Employment Court’s Pay Equity Decision – Terranova Homes & Care Ltd v Service and Food Workers Union Nga Ringa Tota Inc  NZCA 516
- Employment Law Changes – what you need to know
- Health and Safety At Work Act – The new Act reforms New Zealand’s Health and Safety system
- How far does a free education go – Review of the recent Ombudsman’s Opinion “Complaint about the decision of a Board of Trustees to compulsorily charge for curriculum related items (March 2014) 329013”.
- Lessons for Boards about Legal Professional Privilege – Employment Court clarifies when a board may expect its members communications to be privileged in legal proceedings
- Points of Note for Boards of Trustees after Green Bay Judicial Review – The High Court overturned a school’s decision to exclude a student with Asperger’s Syndrome after an altercation with a teacher. The decision puts the focus on proper process and taking all the facts into account in making suspension and exclusion decisions.
- Changing Dangerous Work Practices – Grounds for Dismissal? – How far can employees go when they disagree with their employer on a health and safety issue?
- Misleading or Misunderstanding – When can an employer terminate an employee for incorrect information given in the recruitment process?
- How not to employ a nanny from start to finish – Employment 101 – put your agreement in writing
- Restraints of trade – protecting your business – Can you protect your business from poaching of your clients by exiting employees?
- Poor Performance and Misconduct – Addressing poor performance and misconduct in small businesses